For V2, we recommend only using Ubuntu 18.04.
For an optimal P2P connection, we like all nodes to be located in Europe.
Log in to your VPS. Recommended terminal to use is Termius, Available for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows and Linux
Enter the following command to apply the latest updates to your system
sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
- Enter the following commands, executing them one by one, to add new user
sudo usermod -aG sudo qredit
- Disable root access for your system (for increased security); enter the following command
sudo passwd -l root
- The following are core-control installation commands, execute them one by one
git clone https://github.com/qredit/core-control
./ccontrol.sh install core
- Command used in this step will start a relay and sync your node to current blockchain height. This step will take up to few hours, depending on your VPS setup and block height.
./ccontrol.sh start relay
- After the relay is started you can check the synchronization progress with the following command. You can check current blockchain height by going to https://explorer.qredit.io/#/ and clicking on “latest blocks” tab. Latest downloaded blocks in relay logs will show as “Downloading blocks from height...”
./ccontrol.sh logs relay
- Optionally, when the relay finishes synchronization, you can create a snapshot to faster restore the node in the case of problems
./ccontrol.sh snapshot create
- After the relay is caught up with current height, it’s time to enter the secret and start the forger
./ccontrol.sh secret set [12-word-bip32-secret-phrase, each word divided by space]
./ccontrol.sh start forger
- Optionally, clear bash shell history to remove info about entered secret with the following command:
You’re all set. You can check forger logs with the following command:
./ccontrol.sh logs forger